Gluten-free and vegan chocolate banana ice cream cups with no added sugar…RECIPE
I gave up pop as my New Year’s Resolution and also am trying to cut out how much juice I drink. The recipes for these flavored waters are easy and delicious.
Making my first grocery list today. I’m struggling with what to get. I looked on the internet for what to get and found this helpful pre-made grocery list. It was helpful because it split the foods up in categories (ex. Protein, produce, canned, etc.).
I included the link to the list below.
I love eating breads, pasta, and breaded meat. My first Gluten/Dairy Free shopping trip should be interesting.
Taking the day to do basic research on eating Gluten-Free. I found this list from aboutgrain.com.
- All forms of wheat including: spelt, kamut, triticale (wheat and rye combined), couscous, malt, rye, barley, seitan, semolina, wheat, durum, einkorn, farin, cake flour, matzo, bran
- Ingredients that have “wheat” in the name such as: wheat starch, modified wheat starch, pregelatinized wheat protein, hydrolyzed wheat protein. (Buckwheat is an exception because it is gluten free)
- Breaded or floured meat, seafood, poultry, and veggies. As well as meat, poultry, and veggies when they have a sauce or marinade that contains gluten, such as soy and teriyaki sauces.
- Barley malt, which is usually made from barley, including: malt syrup, malt extract, malt flavoring and malt vinegar.
- Imitation crab meat, licorice, beer (since most is made of barley).
Since turning 20, I have noticed that drinking milk and eating certain foods causes me to be lethargic and have stomach discomfort. Recently, I discovered that Gluten-intolerance AND lactose-intolerance runs in my family.
So I’m changing my eating habits. I’m saying, “so long” to Gluten and dairy products.
I’m doing this to feel better and for my own health. It will be hard but I want to succeed.
I’ll detail my experience on this blog through pictures of what I’m eating, recipes, or posts of how I’m handling the change in my daily diet.
I love this pic!
Page 1 of 10